Funny and/or interesting and/or useful blogs to which I subscribe
- Cyanide And Happiness - I like these guys rather a lot. Though sometimes their humour can be slightly distasteful, normally at least 1 in 2 is spot-on laugh-out-loud-making.
- XKCD - Sometimes I wish I’d taken maths and physics further so as to fully comprehend the jokes (among other reasons, obviously), but not all of them are restricted to the hardcore scientists among us to understand - indeed, very few are. If they do confuse you, however, there’s always xkcdexplained (as well as xkcdexplainedexplained) to help out - example
- Amazing Super Powers - I have no words
- Doghouse - Interesting takes on things
- SMBC - apart from when they go on random weeks of featuring not-so-funny subjects, funny :)
- Autocomplete me - sometimes previous google searchers have searched for the strangest things, which then come up in the autosuggestions. Read these posts and wonder what on earth they were thinking…
- Charlie Brooker - scathing wit from his weekly Guardian column [could probably also fit into geeky, as some things get rather gamey]
- CollegeHumor - I’ll forgive the american spelling because (apart from the fact it is an american site), they also produce some really humorous stuff.
- David Mitchell - the “smart one” from Mitchell and Webb. An Observer column, seemingly about whatever comes into his head. Normally funny.
- Lamebook - where the dross of facebook comes into play. Hilarious dross, that is.
- Not Always Right - laugh at the stupidity of customers during interactions with the staff-submitters.
- Overheard Everywhere - for conversations that passersby catch snippets of and are left wondering what on earth the eavesdroppees were talking about.
- The Onion - America’s satirical news network.
- HackedIRL - Another offering from the ubiquitous Icanhascheezburger, this shows signs which people have hacked sarcastically and wittily.
- Lifehacker - I’m pretty sure nearly everyone with enough tech-knowhow to have a feedreader is subscribed to this anyway, but if by any chance it has passed you by, check it out for interesting hacks to make life that little bit better/simpler
Random / Other / All
- The Stickleback - interesting and thought-provoking discursive posts about Christianity as well as sometimes funny reading :)
- Stuff Christians Like - Sarcastic humour with God at the centre; what is there not to love?
- That Theology Student - interesting musings from a student of theology, funnily enough.
- Improv Everywhere - these guys organise random crowd-gatherings-to-do-something. Normally entertaining to watch oblivious onlookers wondering what on earth is going on, and the field reports make for interesting reading.
If you have come to this post from the sidebar, rest assured that this may have been updated if I have come across any good new blogs in the intervening period of time which may have passed between me initially writing this and you reading it. Or I may have died, in which case I probably won’t have updated. But hey, c’est la vie (or la mort, if it comes to that).